UNITING THE WORLDS.
The main concept of the hybrid microphone preamp was a combination of two main circuit topologies – tube and transistor. The first copes with high voltages, and the second – with electricity, lowering the resistance and preparing the signal for output to the next device. The hybrid solution solved a number of technical problems, simplifying circuitry, bypassing the heap of passive elements in the sound path, which are inherent in tube equipment.
The patent-pending preamp circuitry makes it extremely stable with the power sources it is connected to, as well as tube for replacement choice, thereby making the device usage simple and less problematic. There is no need to search and select correctly matched tubes of certain manufacturers. Preamp effectively transforms the magic of tubes, no matter what they are.
- Input Tubes: 2 12AX7 dual triodes, low noise and stable bias
- Output Tubes: Transistor
- I/O: Thru Balanced Scheme
- Microphone preamplifier: Selectable 48V phantom power (current source and phase reverse)
- Gain: 75dB max Microphone preamplifier.
- Input Impedance: 200 kOhms Micpre.
- Frequency Response: 5Hz to 120KHz @ 50dB(gain)
- Maximum Output: +47dBm (into 1Kohm load)
- THD: <.002% @ 1KHz
- THD+N: <.004% @ 1KHz
- Dynamic Range: 120dB typical
- Output Impedance: <=30 ohms
- Power Consumption: 0.240 Amps (240 milliamps = 240mA) @ 240V = 57.6 Watts
- Mains Voltage Frequency: 50Hz